NEW MEMBER PROBATION POLICY
To ensure that any new member who is moving into the Co-operative is adhering to the policies and bylaws as set out by the Co-operative.
- Any new member(s) will be on probation for the first twelve (12) months of their membership.
- Any new member(s) who is/are still in their probationary period and is not in adherence with the policies and/or bylaws will be subject to termination of their membership.
- The new member(s) is/are required to have three (3) unit inspections over the course of the probationary year.
- Membership reviews will be done at six (6) and twelve (12) months. The review will include but not be limited to the unit inspections, participation, arrears and submission of time sensitive documentation.
- At the end of each review, the member(s) will meet with the Directors responsible for the review to discuss the results. If the result of either review is negative, the member may face termination of their membership.
- The Board of Directors will, at all times, handle each case in an objective and considerate manner and maintain confidentiality of the case in hand.