- Monthly housing charges and such other assessments as may be necessary from time to time will be recommended by the Board of Directors and approved by the members at a duly called meeting.
- a) In accordance with the Section 56.1 Agreement, signed between Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation and the Rainbow Housing Co-operative Ltd. In the year one of operation the regular occupancy charge shall be equivalent to the lower end of the range of market rents for similar accommodation in the area as established by Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation. In subsequent years of operation, the total of the regular occupancy charges shall be the sum of project operating costs including the replacement reserves and the reduced amount of principal and interest paid on the mortgage. Housing charge differentials shall be determined on the basis of bedroom count.
- b) Monthly housing charges shall be paid in the manner prescribed by the directors in the policy manual.
- c) The co-operative shall not impose upon any member accelerated housing charges, i.e. the co-operative shall not require any member to pay more than one (1) month’s housing charges in advance.
- d) The co-operative shall give three (3) months notice of any increase in housing charges except where the Registrar gives his approval for a shorter notice or the members have unanimously approved the increase at a general meeting.
Quiet Enjoyment of Home
- Every member is entitled to have quiet enjoyment of her/his home.
Maintenance of Unit
- Responsibility for the maintenance of the residential unit in a safe, habitable and reasonable state of repair, such responsibility to include the repair and replacement of fixtures and the repair of any damage to the unit, shall be governed by the maintenance policy.
Entry of Unit
- The co-operative and its agents, except in the case of an emergency, are required to give reasonable notice to the member prior to entry of the member’s unit. Such notice shall be defined in the policy manual.
Arbitration of Disputes, Between Members
- Disputes arising between members of the co-operative shall be resolved according to the grievance policy of the co-operative.
Arbitration of Disputes, Between Members and the Co-operative
- Disputes arising between members of the co-operative and the Board of Directors shall be handled as follows:
- a) Any decision of the Board of Directors may be appealed to the membership at a regular or special meeting as provided for in Section 31 of these bylaws.
- b) A majority vote of those members present at the meeting shall determine the appeal.
Letting of Units to Non-members
- In the event that a member cannot be found to occupy a vacant unit in the co-operative, the Board of Directors may lease a unit on a month-to-month basis to a non-member. The Board of Directors will set the monthly lease amount.
- Members cannot sublet a unit in the co-operative to non-members.